I started this blog one year and two days ago, and I've published 50+ blog entries since then. I guess I might as well celebrate.
I read my original blog entry a couple of days ago and I guess in many ways, things have not changed appreciably since that time. I'm still vitally interested in most of the same things--healthy eating and living, buying locally, protecting the environment, figuring out ways to live more simply, and trying to navigate the ever-more-confusing health care hurdles.
I'm not sure I've totally lived up to the hype of my first blog since I think I must have expected everyone to sign on and beg for more. Maybe I've watched a little too much "Julie and Julia," and thought that people would magically flock to my site just to see what I had to say that day. Or that week. Or that month.
Oops, maybe that's the problem. I haven't been as disciplined as Julie was. I am not blogging daily or even weekly. Despite the fact that this is my 52nd blog in one year, I can see that there are times when there have been long lags between posts. And times when I posted two or three times in one week. Sometimes, I've cheated by re-posting something that I found elsewhere. Hey, I've found that counts for other people. And you know, Margaret and Helen sometimes go months in between posts, but there's constant activity on that site.
I probably overestimated myself--again. I'm not Julie. And I'm not Helen. I'm just Marsha. At 56, I think I'm OK with that.
On the bright side, however, I have 2,187 page views (OK, how many of them are mine and how many are from other people ... I am not sure). I've had comments, both public and private, from close friends and even from one or two unexpected corners of the world. I've discovered several other blogs, some of which I now follow. Some are written by friends and others by people I've never met. I read an article the other day about how a lot of people think that blogs have gone by the wayside in the face of Twitter and Facebook, but that they're still an important means of communication and networking. I tend to agree with that assessment. I can't say everything I want to say on Facebook, and I can't bring myself to Twit, or Tweet, or whatever they call it. So, regardless of who's reading it, or what they're saying, I guess I'll just keep posting here.
If you are so inclined, of course, you're always welcome to comment here on the blog site. Or on my Google "Buzz" page. Or by emailing me at marshajc@gmail.com.
See you back here soon. (Very soon; seeing as how I'm going to cheat again and post another column from the magazine here ... because I want to.)
No comments:
Post a Comment