Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Three days and counting

So, today is officially my third full Facebook-free day.

I am surviving.

I have to say that I probably crave instant gratification, which must be what addicted me to Facebook in the first place. A million people in one place; one person clicks "like" about my status message or my post to someone else's wall and I'm all excited. Not too many people are clicking "like" on my blog posts or commenting in any other way. That's OK, really. I'm not begging for attention.

I had to laugh today, though. My daughter thought maybe my account had been deleted for my "dirty" breastfeeding pictures. (Please know she said that with tongue firmly implanted in cheek, although it was probably made easier for her to feel charitable and humorous due to the fact that I was actually breastfeeding her brother in those pictures. If it had been her, I might've been in more trouble with her than with Facebook.) I wouldn't have been surprised if it had. People can say fuck and shit and piss and whatever else all day long on FB and no one blinks an eye. I have seen a hell of a lot of pictures of young girls' butts or cleavage or both. And a few older girls', as well. But if you post a breastfeeding picture, which I have done several times, you are liable to get kicked off of Facebook.

Nope, that's not the reason I can't be found. I did it to myself. I thought about announcing it to others, but I decided to mostly let them find out for themselves. And obviously they are starting to do so.

I admit to cheating a little bit. I looked over David's shoulder last night as he checked his FB messages. And I was enjoying a post that a friend showed me on her own FB page. Gotta love this blog: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/02/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably.html

Now that I'm not on Facebook, I may actually have time to follow her blog. She is just too funny.

That's all for now. I'm still refining my "anti-cynical" blog but it is sounding like it will still be somewhat cynical. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment