Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gazpacho = Summer

I made some awesome Gazpacho this afternoon. Ate it for dinner and it was great; waiting for tomorrow when it will be even better (if David leaves it alone long enough for there to be leftovers--we shall see!)

Here's my recipe as I've adapted it from my BFF Linda. Obviously you are welcome to adjust proportions according to the flavors you want to stand out in your own creation!!

About 38 ounces Spicy Hot V-8
1 cucumber, chopped
3-4 large tomatoes, chopped
1 whole green or red pepper (Sweet pepper)
1/4-1/2 ts. Kosher Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. fresh cilantro
1 T. fresh basil
1 ts. garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic)
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 ts. cumin powder
2 T. fresh parsley
1 ts. fresh chives
1/2 ts. Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients together in a large covered bowl and allow flavors to blend 4-6 hours, or even overnight. Serve chilled.

1 comment:

  1. FYI ... it was really good for lunch on Monday, too. The flavors had really blended beautifully. Now I'm itching to make some more!

    ReplyDelete