Definitely. Conventional wisdom that we all used to learn in kindergarten--hold hands, stick together, clean up after yourself, etc.--- is cited as Fulghum lists lessons normally learned in American kindergarten classrooms and explains how the world would be improved if adults adhered to the same basic rules. What a concept!
But now, I think that Facebook has officially taken the place of kindergarten. Everything you ever need to know? All that wisdom? It's there. Only problem is, we're all adults there. Shouldn't we have learned these things a long time ago?
I spent (read: "wasted") a bunch of time on my birthday last week, collecting a variety of different "likes" on Facebook. There are sure a lot of life lessons to be learned among all the grownups there. Here are just a few of the life lessons I've seen. (Spelling, grammar and punctuation corrected for clarity):
- The older I get the less I care what other people think!
- My kids are my world!! If you feel the same press "like"!!
- Disappointments are not failures, just God's way of saying: "I've got something better!"
- Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
- Being nice to the people you don't like isn't called two-faced, it's called growing up.
- Life is too short to stress yourself with people who don't even deserve to be an issue in your life.
- Dear Lord, please give me the strength to not slap an idiot today......Amen.
- Karma is a bigger bitch than I will EVER have to be!
- You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have ...
- Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.
- Illegal immigration is not a new problem; Native Americans used to call it 'White People'.
- I have PMS and a GPS, which means that I'm a bitch who will find you!
- I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right.
- I love God, my family, and my friends. Who's with me??
- If two people are happy together, then leave them to it. It's THEIR lives.
- ****Newsflash**** If you don't want other people to know your business, don't post it on Facebook!
- She's my daughter........break her heart and I can make your death look like an accident!!!
- Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out ... but I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies.
Some of these "words of wisdom" make me laugh. Others make me think. A couple of them put a lump in my throat. I like all of them. I'm not going to click "like" on any of them, though, because I still don't understand what all those "like" buttons actually do. Each one seems to take you to a different darned application that of course promises to protect your privacy even when you know there is no such thing. So here, for your enjoyment and edification, is my list of "likes."
This is Marsha's wisdom for her 56th year. Or at least for today.
Here's a new one I just saw this morning on Facebook: If a 12 year old girl's butt ever says "sexy" across it I should have the right to punch the mother! on ♥.
ReplyDeleteYup. I'm with you.